Young Professionals Banquet
On Friday 15 May Confucius Institute at UNSW and ACYA (Australia-China Youth Association) NSW jointly held the Young Professionals Banquet at Zilver Restaurant, Haymarket.
The event was attended by around 120 young students and university alumni from various universities, including UNSW Australia, The University of Sydney, Macquarie University and University of Newcastle.
While feasting on a delicious Chinese banquet, the participants had the opportunity to listen to inspiring speeches made by leaders in various sectors of Australia-China relations. The speakers included:
- Consul Liu Jianbo from the Education Office of the Consulate-General of the People’s Republic of China in Sydney;
- Laurie Pearcey, Director of Confucius Institute at UNSW and Director of China Strategy and Development, UNSW;
- Dai Le, Founder and CEO of Diverse Australasian Women’s Network (DAWN);
- Andrea Myles, CEO of China Australia Millennial Project (CAMP) and;
- Julie Lamberg-Burnet and Dr Caroline Huang, Co-Founders of Sydney School of Protocol – Asians in Australia (SSOPAA).
The banquet gave students and speakers the opportunity to open a dialogue about the current and future situation of Australia-China engagement, in particular identifying key points for professional development and the steps required for achieving this.
A night of delicious dim sum, powerful presentations and intercultural interaction, the banquet was a stepping-stone in achieving the Institute’s goal of bridging the gap between Australia and China.
Events and Media
EventMulticultural Fair 2018 this 10th March 2018
Event2018 Lunar New Year Celebrations last 17th February 2018
EventChinese Music Seminar last 18th August 2017
Event2017 Lunar New Year Celebrations last 4th February 2017
EventEast Meets West on the Silk Road: Tracing cultural exchange from antiquity to the digital future last 23rd November 2016